NYKC shall use personal information (customer’s name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, emergency contact, passport number and others) stated in the submitted travel application form and other properly acquired personal information, within the extent necessary for achieving the following purposes, or may provide it to a third party after obtaining consent;
- For communication with customers.
- For procedures necessary to provide services onboard Asuka II as stipulated in Contract of Carriage for Passengers on Cruise Vessels.
- In the event that a customer’s personal information is different from personal information on NYKC’s record, for inquiring the travel agency for accurate information.
- For informing Asuka Club members about travel products, privilege award service and for conducting sample survey for system revision.
- For market analysis to develop better travel product. For charter cruises, NYKC share information with companies planning and implementing charter cruises.
- For executing questionnaire.
- For submitting documents and electronic data in foreign ports for immigration procedure.
- For submitting documents and electronic data lawfully requested by national or local government or its agency upon call to domestic or foreign ports, per relevant laws and regulations and/or security reasons.
- For providing free passenger services at ports of call (such as shuttle buses and events using land-based facilities)
- For shipping items purchased at shipboard shops and other items sold by NYKC.
- For procedures for visiting the ship.
In addition to the above, in case a reservation is made for NYKC’s agent organized tours and shore excursions, NYKC may, with the consent of the customer, use the information for the following purposes or provide it to a third party.
- For traveling procedures.
- For arranging for services provided by transportation / accommodation agencies etc. and for procedures to receive those services.
- For insurance procedures to assume responsibility, and to cover expenses upon accident, etc. as stipulated in travel contract.
- To simplify tax exemption procedures by customers at souvenir shops.
- To provide privilege award service
In addition, personal information of those who requested information materials and those who registered to our mail magazine will be used for providing information on our products, services, campaigns and travel.
Personal information of passengers who purchased agent organized tour from agency other than NYKC will be properly handled in accordance with the law and the contract with each agency.
When using personal information beyond the scope of the above purposes of use due to business circumstances, NYKC will inform you of its purpose of use in advance. When purposes of use need to be changed, we will notify or announce the new purposes of use.
NYKC will strive to keep customer’s personal information accurate and up to date, and take measures for the following safety management.
- By placing an administrator in each department that handles personal information for security measures, NYKC will endeavor to take appropriate measures to ensure prevention of unauthorized access, leakage, loss, falsification, etc. of personal information.
- NYKC will provide necessary education and supervision concerning the protection and proper handling of customer’s personal information to all employees who deal with personal information, and will strive to thoroughly protect personal information.
NYKC may entrust the handling of personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for attaining purposes of use. In such case, an agreement including provision concerning protection of personal data will be entered into with the contractor, ensuring safety equal to or higher than NYKC. Measures will be taken to properly manage personal information, confidentiality, making sure to prevent leakage of customer’s personal information by prohibiting re-offer, etc.
NYKC will not disclose / provide the personal information of our customers to third parties without obtaining customer’s consent in advance. However, in the following cases, personal information may be disclosed / provided without consent.
- When laws and regulations require.
- When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body or property, and when it is difficult to obtain principal’s consent.
- When it is particularly necessary to enhance public health and when it is difficult to obtain principal’s consent.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency or a local government or their consignee in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when obtaining principal’s consent may hinder the execution of the affairs.
6. Shared use of personal information with following companies;
■ NYK Line Co., Ltd. (“NYK”)
- For improving services.
- To respond to emergency cases.
- To assess utilization status of NYK Line Shareholder Exclusive Discount Ticket.
〔Information to be shared〕
- Customer’s name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, emergency contact information, cruise record, and usage status of Exclusive Discount for NYK shareholders.
■ SG Moving Co., Ltd. (“SG”)
- For mutual checking when SG’s home delivery services is utilized by customers upon embarking.
[Information to be shared]
Customer’s name, cabin number, cruise title, port of embarkation
7. Disclosure of personal information
If a customer requests disclosure of personal information about herself / himself, NYKC will promptly respond within a reasonable extent after confirming identity. However, in cases where disclosure of such data falls under any of the following items, a whole or part thereof may not be disclosed.
- cases in which there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the principal or a third party.
- cases in which there is a risk of seriously hindering the proper implementation of NYKC’s business.
- cases of violating other laws and regulations.
If you wish to request for disclosure of personal information, please mail the following documents to NYKC’s office. (We accept request by mail only.)
Request made by the Principal
(1) Request Form for disclosure of personal information.
(2) A photocopy of valid driver’s license or passport, or a photocopy of an official identification that can confirm principal’s identity.
(3) Return postage stamp for registered mail with delivery certificate.
Request made by a representative on behalf of the principal
(1) Request Form for disclosure of personal information.
(2) In the case of a legal representative, a document certifying the qualification of a legal representative such as certified copy of Family Register (Koseki Tohon), etc.
(3) In the case of a mandatary, a power of attorney. A mandatary may attach Seal Registration Certificate (Inkan Shomei) to provide evidence for the seal on the power of attorney.
(4) A photocopy of principal’s valid driver’s license or passport, or a photocopy of principal’s official identification that verifies the principal’s identity. As stated in the preceding clause (3), it is also possible to present seal registration certificate as identification document.
(5) A photocopy of representative’s valid driver’s license, passport, or a photocopy of representative’s official identification.
(6) In the case where the agent is a lawyer or a tax accountant, a copy of the qualification certificate.
(7) Return postage stamp for registered mail with delivery certificate.
Request made by someone other than the principal or his / her representative
Please inquire at the following contact when heirs, etc., request disclosure of information of the deceased principal.
In the case of a request made by the principal, we will reply to the principal, and in the case of a request made by the representative, we will reply to the representative. NYKC will return the submitted ‘photocopy of driver’s license or passport, or other copy of official identification that verifies identity, etc.’ at the time reply is made to the principal or to the representative.
When a decision is made not to disclose a whole or part of personal information, or when personal information requested for disclosure does not exist, NYKC will notify the claimant to that effect without delay.
Click here to download “Request for Disclosure of Personal Information”
8. Correction, addition, deletion, utilization cease of personal information
If you wish to correct, add, delete or cease utilization of personal information, please contact NYKC’s Personal Information Desk. When a customer makes request for correction, addition, deletion or utilization cease of personal information of the principal, NYKC will conduct a necessary investigation without delay to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use and, based on the result thereof, make a correction, addition, deletion or utilization cease. In case a decision is made not to accommodate a whole or part of such request, NYKC will explain the reason.
9. Personal Information Administration Manager and inquiry contact
NYKC will establish a personal information management system with General Manager of Administration Division as the person in charge, and strive for strict and safe handling of personal information.
For inquiries, complaints, etc. concerning the handling of personal information, please contact the Personal Information Desk.
【Personal Information inquiry contact】
Personal Information Desk: NYK Cruises Co., Ltd.
(Mon-Fri except holidays: 09:30 – 12:00 / 13:00～17:00)
Office will be closed on New Year’s Holidays and on Oct. 28.
REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, known as GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation”, when NYKC processes personal data of an individual whose current location is within European Economic Area.
as of June, 2019